In 43 AD the Roman army landed on the south coast of a small island called Britain seeking to add this latest territory to Emperor Claudius’ vast empire – an empire that already spanned much of the known world.
The Roman Invasion of Britain starter set contains:
- Softback A5 Hail Caesar rulebook
- Quick start guide
- 80 hard plastic Celtic Infantry
- 40 hard plastic Roman Legionaries
- Hard plastic Roman Scorpion catapult & crew
- 1 metal Imperial Roman commander on horse
- 1 metal Celt chieftain on horse
- Celtic and Roman waterslide shield decals
- Twelve 6-sided dice
- Reference sheet and casualty counters
The Roman forces, spearheaded by the legionaries in their segmented armour and large scutum shields, were highly trained, equipped and disciplined. Backed by the deadly Scorpion catapults how could these barbarians stop them?
Arrayed against them the fiercely independent British tribes – many daubed in woad war paint and with spiky, limed hair – determined to retain their own rule. Each warrior a skilled, ferocious fighter defending their home and family, they would make these Roman invaders pay in blood.
This Hail Caesar starter set allows you to build your forces – both Roman invader and defiant Britons – as you fight for control of the island in massed battle!